Saturday, September 15, 2012

Keep on Truckin'

We are truckin into our third week of school.  Wow!  The beginning of the year is exhausting!  I have 31 little cuties, they all showed up:-)  Yesterday was 106 degrees!  That is just not right!  Stinky, sweaty, clammy, little first graders everywhere!  EEEwwwww!

So far I am loving Daily 5.  We have been working on building stamina and it is going quite slow.  We are finally up to 10 minutes.  Ugh!  This week I need to intro "check for understanding" and "work on writing".

Back to School Night was super:-)  Unfortunately we made a last minute change to the day and I was missing 6 parents.  The rest were awesome!  I can't believe I talked for 45 minutes!  Holy Moly!

I'm so excited that we are starting to receive alphabet letters in the mail from the "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" letter exchange.  Chrissy from First Grade Found me did an AMAZING job organizing!  Thank you so much, Chrissy!

This week we will celebrate the last day of summer.  I hope that means an end to 100 degree weather!  On Friday we will eat watermelon and write about it.  I also read and sing "Down By the Bay" and do a class rewrite for a class book.  I should post that for you, huh:-)

Have a fab weekend!

4 comments:

  1. 106 degrees? Yikes! I hope fall comes soon for you!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness for air conditioning and swimming pools!

      Delete
  2. 106 degrees! Wow! No air??? Congrats on 10 minutes read to self. We just made 5 min! I also introduced check for understanding and cross checking to my k students. They love the arm motions with cross checking. Have a great fall! If you have a moment, check my blog at:
    http://www.carolredmond.blogspot.com/
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not quite as hot today:-) We do have air...thank goodness! I'll check out your blog now:-) Deana

    ReplyDelete