Sunday, September 2, 2012

Classroom Reveal 2012

OMG!  It's been soooo long since my last blog!

I visited my parents in Indiana:-)  Such a nice time and got to see my nephew, Logan, and my brother, Rhett, too.  That is always a treat:-)  My brother was a trooper and even went in the teacher supply store in Evansville, Indiana with me to look for ladybug and bee stuff.  What a guy!  My mom took me shopping for school clothes! How awesome is that...to be 50 and have your mommy still take you school clothes shopping!  I love Christopher Banks and we don't have those in So. Ca.

After many hours of labor (labor of love of course), my classroom is ready!!!  YeeHaw!!  My hubby, daughter, and her boyfriend were lifesavers!  I couldn't have done it without them.  My son goes to college at Boise State and I'm sure he is just heartbroken that he missed all the fun of working in my classroom.  NOT!

So here's some pics of my room for 2012-2013 school year.  I am ready to go with 31 little cuties:-)

This wall is gigantic!!  It contains my Word Wall, CAFE Menu, Calendar, and space above for student work.  I have no idea how I'm going to hang work up that high but I'll worry about that later.  I have a feeling it will involve a ladder and my hubby...shhhhhhh..don't tell him!  By the way, thanks to the "Hanging Hero" bulletin board tool for helping us get those bulletin boards straight!  Check it out in my TpT store!


Closeup of the CAFE Menu.  I love those bees! 



Calendar




That's the carpet area for group meetings and story time.  The wagon will hold the headphones and listening posts when I get that started.  The headphones hang on the side.  The little doggy in my chair is Wrinkles.  He is a puppet. He's been in first grade for 15 years and still can't say the ABC's or count correctly!!  



Around the corner from the Word Wall is my library.  This is new this year and I am CRRRRRRRazy about it!  Cozy and cute!!  Above the library is a writing reference wall with commonly confused words, written expression, and a rate-your-writing poster.


My desk area.  Wouldn't it be nice if it stayed that neat and tidy!  


My table for guided reading, assessments, small group instruction, etc.  The focus wall is behind it.  My turtle, Franklin, is in the cage:-)  A few years ago I found out that Franklin is a girl!  Oh well!!  I don't think she minds.  Sometimes I call him/her Frankie.



This is taken from my group meeting area looking toward the smart board.  I  L-O-V-E that thing!  What did I ever do without it!  That reminds me...I need to go make a flip chart!  Rats!  I thought my work was done!
Have a fantastic Labor Day!  



2 comments: