Friday, July 5, 2013

Summer School is Cool!

I am in summer school mode!  I'm teaching a literature/art class.  I only have two periods so I am done by 10:30 every day!  Yahoo!  My first period is Kinders and my second period is 1-3 graders.  I'm pretty much able to do the same projects with each group but the second period is by far more independent and does a little more detail.  They all seem to like the projects no matter how old they are!  One of the projects we did last week went with the book "The View At the Zoo" by Kathleen Bostrom.  Super cute book that I just got at the end of the school year.  Here's the cutie giraffe we made after reading the book.



I think these were both done by Kinders.  We used a chalk stain to color them.  I loved to hear their squeals of delight when I showed them how to do that.  They were Amaaaaazed:-)

I got the giraffe idea from http://josettebrouwer.edublogs.org/2011/01/15/second-grade-giraffes/.  Thank you so much for sharing such a cute idea!


On Monday we'll be doing a strawberry draw/paint project using primary colors and reading the story "The Big Hungry Bear and the Red Ripe Strawberry".  Check back!




No comments:

Post a Comment