Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dr. Suess-wear


I have never been able to find a Dr. Seuss shirt that I love...so I made my own this year!  I bought the blank iron ons from Michaels and designed the print on the computer.  Instead of  printing onto paper, you print onto the iron on.  I loved the way they turned out!  Since my daughter and hubby were coming to make green eggs and ham, they got one too!  I would never think to have them show up in regular clothes on Dr. Seuss' birthday!  As you can see, they even had black noses and whiskers!  After we make Cat in the Hat hats, I always use an eyebrow pencil and make black noses and whiskers on my kiddos.  I also tie a red bow around their neck so the Cat in the Hat ensemble is complete.  They are adorable!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! So cute! I bet your kiddos loved it. I like the Cat in the Hat your holding. Did you make it too?


    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I actually gave an artistic parent helper a picture of the cat and she drew and painted it for me. I'm so lucky! She also did Thing 1 and Thing 2.

    ReplyDelete